12 March 2012

OWOT WEEK 11!

I posted over at Truly, Madly, Crafty yesterday, the new OWOT

We're now on to week 11, and the word is: Surprise

and a reminder that this months technique is: Embossing

I have to admit to cheating a little with this one. I have a confession, I have never done heat embossing EVER! and rarely have I done blind embossing, so I took a slightly easy route and used some embossed paper. But please feel free to emboss whichever way you'd like.

I've gone for something in between a scrapbook page and an art journal page this time, just to keep things fresh! I chose a quote that I liked with the word surprise in it and used this to build my page around. The quote goes like this: Life is a celebration of awakenings, of new beginnings, and wonderful surprises that enlighten the soul. – Cielo



I started off with a piece of cardstock and layered some old sassafrass paper with an old Love, elsie embossed white paper with speech bubbles on which I love. Around the edge I used some neocolor watercolour pencils to add a colourful background and used maya mist over the top whilst still wet. I added some ink to the embossed paper so the details show up a little more. I used a few old stickers, some handmade paper, some inking, a crocheted heart and a bit of Dear Lizzy Neopolitan paper too. For the quote I used alpabet stickers for the words 'life' and 'surprise' and stamped the word 'soul', the rest is handwritten.

Here's a close up:


So, a bit different for me, but I had fun playing with it and adding little bits until I was finished. I hope you'll join in and please link us up with your page, project or whatever else you come up with!

Annie x

No comments: