Here's the third 'One Word, One Technique' prompt for April :D
For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.
The prompt for week 16 is:
April Technique - Fabric
This Week's Word - Bliss
I decided to do a picture transfer onto fabric using gloss medium. Here is a simple tutorial of what I did.
1. Gather your supplies, fabric, gloss medium, a paintbrush and a photo
2. Paint a layer of gloss medium onto the fabric, the same size as your photo.
3. Place your photo face down onto the layer of gloss medium, then paint another layer over the top and leave to dry.
4. When almost dry, you should be able to peel away the photo paper. IF you find its a little difficult, just spray a little water and rub the paper away.
You will be left with an 'imperfect' transfer of your original photo, I love the creases and bits that didn't transfer completely.
5. Lastly embellish your image, I chose to sew on some flowers, add the word bliss with letter stickers, add a strip of lace and a simple running stitch along the edges to hold it all together.
I hope you like this tutorial and give it a try for yourself. Please link us up with your take on this weeks prompt, we'd love to see what you've done!