22 May 2012

Another page for OWOT at TMC


OWOT 20

One Word One Technique #20

Sorry for the delay on this one, but here is this weeks 'One Word, One Technique' prompt for May:D


For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

The prompt for week 20 is:

May Technique - Misting
This Week's Word - Fun

I only have a few mists, but I love the effects you can achieve with them. This week I started off with an A5 size piece of cardstock and some packs of letter stickers I had hanging around. I then stuck down three lots of the word 'fun' onto the card and began misting!

I like to vary the size of the mist blobs that come out by changing how far away I spray them. Once you have let the page dry you can peel off the letter stickers to leave a lovely base for your page.

I then had 'fun' choosing random bits and pieces to layer onto my page, including book paper, tissue paper, mosaic tiles, punched butterflies. I just enjoyed the time to play around with various elements and sticking them onto the page.
I did a little search for quotes using the word 'fun' and found this one from Dr. Seuss. I typed it out in word, using the american typewriter font which is a favourite of mine for this kind of journalling. I then printed it out, trimmed into strips, inked the edges and stuck onto the page.
Just a little fun page full of lovely bits!

No comments: