14 April 2011

catching up


This was the view on the walk us girls did on our weekend away together. I've been friends with these girls since school and even though someone has always been living miles and miles away, we have all stayed in touch. We spent a lovely girlie weekend in Hope Cove, Devon and the weather couldn't have been better. Lots of talking, eating and catching up with one another. just what we need sometimes.

I had a lovely time photographing my friend teaching yoga to children, just a few weeks ago. She is teaching two new classes at BCY so needed some promotional shots for the website and leaflets. My three children all took the class and it was a great time. I haven't seen the edited photos yet, but I'll be sure to post some when they come back.

I have two fantastic kits ready to create with from Which Crafts, the Summer Dreams kit, which is full of gorgeous colours, fantastic embellishments and ribbons etc. I can see lots of summery projects coming from this. I also have the red embellishment kit which again is gorgeous, on sale from 1 May. Go check them out!

I have a lovely noticeboard project in this months Quick Cards (87)


I love doing the Luxury Make item for this mag, it's always a lot of fun to do. The one I've just finished for issue 89 is one of my favourites. I also designed the set of papers that come free in the middle of the mag, lots of florals this time, much fun!

I've been doing my after school craft club at one of the local academy schools again, and it's been fun. I have a group of about 9 children and for the most part they are all enthusiastic and interested in the projects I' have done with them. It's fun seeing what they come up with and if they follow the instructions closely or go out on their own. It looks like I will be doing it next term too, so I need to think of lots more lo-cost craft ideas for years 7/8 pupils.

What's everyone else been upto? Leave me a comment and tell me your crafting achievements!

No comments: